Frans Candle LLC: US Postal Insurance claim for damaged product in shipping

If your insured mailing has been lost or damaged in transit you can recover the value of your articles by filing an insurance claim at any Post Office

When to File

For damaged or partial loss of contents, file immediately but no later that 60 days from date of mailing.

Where to File

Claims for all services can be filed at any Post Office.

What you’ll need

Claims Form
Download and complete the customer portion of Form 1000, Domestic Claim or Registered Mail Inquiry and take to any Post Office, or request a copy and complete it at the Post Office.

Link to Post Office - File an Insurance Claim web page:

Evidence of Insurance

Submit evidence that Insured Mail, Collect on Delivery (COD), Registered Mail™, or Express Mail® was purchased for the mailed package.

For insurance purchased at a Post Office or through a rural carrier, you will need the wrapper showing the names and addresses of the sender and the addressee and the proper mail endorsement, tag, or label showing that the article was sent insured with postal insurance.

Evidence of Value

Submit evidence - such as a sales receipt or invoice - showing the value of the article when it was mailed. Your Candle Order Confirmation and Candle Shipped Information emails have values indicating cost of product.

Proof of Damage

Proof of Damage or Partial Loss of Contents for unnumbered insured, numbered insured, and all items insured online.
If the article was damaged - or if some or all of the contents were missing - take the article, box, wrapper, and all packing materials to your local Post Office immediately with the required documentation.


Mailer information needed by Customer to complete Insurance form PS Form 1000

Francis B Banaszewski
Frans Candles, LLC
P.O. Box 26037
Collegeville, PA 16426
Phone: 610-676-0532
Fax: 610-676-0534

Have Post Office send copy of completed PS Form 1000 to Frans Candles LLC. Replacement of damaged candle due to shipment will be made and sent to customer upon receipt of completed PS Form 1000. Replacement candle cost will be processed in same manor as original order/shipment.